Affinity-purified Amaranthus caudatus (ACL) (SKU: 21510158) is a dimer glycoprotein made up of two subunits. ACL has preferential specificity to oliogsacharrides containing the galactosyl disacharride Galβ3GalNAc. ACL tolerates sialic acid substitution at the 3 position of galactose in the "T" antigen. It does not have specificity for blood groups but does have a higher affinity for type O erythrocytes over B and A.
ACL is labeled with fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC) and has an appropriate number of fluorochromes bound to provide the optimum staining characteristics for this lectin. FITC conjugates have been used in a variety of immunohistochemical and flow cytometry applications. Fluorescein conjugates display a high rate of photobleaching, signal is sensitive to pH changes, broad fluorescence emission spectrum, and fluorescence quenching on conjugation to biopolymers. This product comes in a stabilized liquid form.
• Source: Amaranthus caudatus (Tassle flower)
• Activity: ACA agglutinates human ABO and sheep, goat, rat, rabbit and guinea-pig erythrocytes.
• Protein Concentration (Based on OD 280): 2 mg purified ACA - FITC / 1 mL buffer
• Conjugation: FITC
• Carbohydrate Specificity: Galß1-3GalNAc
• Inhibitory Carbohydrate: N-acetylgalactosamine
• Divalent ions required: None
• Fluorescence: Green fluorescent
• Excitation: Maximum at 495-500 nm
• Emission: Maximum at 514-521 nm
Storage and Stability:
Store frozen at -20°C in amber vials or covered with foil in appropriate aliquot sizes. Avoid freeze thaw cycles. Can be stored at 2-8 °C for short term use. Clarify by centrifugation, if needed.